Monday, August 18, 2008

Thank You

Dear Caltrans,

I would like to thank you for shutting down highway 5 while I was on it last night. I truly appreciated the extra 3 hours I spent going 1 mile to your detour. You did a great job using the Amber Alert billboards to warn me. Not only that it was all worth it for 8 guys and half a car width's worth of work.

Next time, why don't you warn me before I get to the summit and can't get off the highway, perhaps at the Paso Robles pass but that may be too proactive. Where are my tax dollars going, obviously not to the signs! Or better yet, why don't you shut down two lanes of traffic and work on that half of the roadway. And, if you do make me sit in traffic for 3 hours and I have to drive through your detour that parallels the 5 you better have all your man power out there and let me know it was worth it. I really enjoyed seeing your empty roadway but perhaps the road needed a break. It does get overworked and even roads need a few hours off to relax.

Sincerely,

Cupcake G

No comments: