Thursday, April 3, 2008

Phomeo

The thing I like about San Francisco, and sometimes completely dislike, is even though its a gigantic city, or at least feels that way when you are doing Bay to Breakers, it has a small town feel. This was confirmed today when I received my second message ever on match. The first as you all may remember is the Marine who bitched me out for saying even though I support the armed forces and the United States I prefer not to date a Marine. Moreover a Marine with three kids, from different moms, who assured me, "don't worry none of them live in California." (that part remained in my inner monologue). He claimed I was falsely advertising with my middle of the road politics stance, "you might as well be a Republican!"

So message number two, I will omit his name but not the photo. From henceforth, he shall be known as "Phomeo." (coined by Wayne).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I got all excited, another semi-Phuc sighting! So I e-mailed "Phomeo" to Romeo and Phuc, what I was not expecting was to get this response. "...I actually know that guy..."
Turns out Phomeo works with Phuc!!!

Romeo on the otherhand said:

[12:15] Romeo: hmm?
[12:16] Romeo: he seems like a nice guy
[12:16] Romeo: is he your type
[12:16] Me: are you and Phuc my type?
[12:16] Romeo: i dunno about phuc. am i?
[12:17] Romeo: i am funny, educated, down to earth, i have a big family, am good with dogs and making fun of cats, love 80s movies, watch cartoons, can drive a stick shift, hip-hop karaoke and am a certified raptologist.

He's sending me his credentials later tonight.

In my attempt to be honest I still managed to say the dreaded, "You're not my type because you are my friend." Even if its true, I suppose its not what a man or woman wants to hear.

I have yet to decide how I will proceed. Phuc was going with respond back, meet up and then randomly show up at one of his work happy hours with Phuc. I was thinking of responding with you look like my friend Phuc and may actually work with him too. And then add, "Phomeo, I think you're great, lets be friends and go play tennis." I don't date coworkers or friend's coworkers anymore. Gets too complicated, attempting to enlarge the circle not shrink, hopefully he'll understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phake!
http://thisguyseemslegit.com/wp-content/uploads/phake.bmp

=dav s. said...

you so did what i didn't think you did! putting up phomeo's pic! love it!