Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Long Time, No See

Um, yeah, true to form this resolution vanished as quickly as my pantsuit. To give myself credit I rocked the pantsuit for 3 full weeks until I ran out of button up shirts. A trip to the dry cleaner is in order but I need a Groupon first. You can see my dilemma. To keep the glass half full I have managed to brunch monthly and happy hour weekly. It's the little things that count. I also had a huge win when I got my Vancouver vacation approved. How aboot that Canada?


Other updates:

I'm now 4 cooking classes in and I still can't make grilled cheese but I have faith in my ability to make chili.

Hooray! The peanut butter making is back on! Not only that but after some Chopped inspiration I whipped up a peanut butter cream and shoved it inside of a cupcake. It's my version of a funny bone.

The Wire. I can't tell you the last time I wanted to skip work and stay home watching television. It might have been Dawson's Creek when I rewatched the entire show back in 2004. Season 5 so far speaks me, I think it's because it reminds me of my roommate and friends. The newsroom seems so exciting, the camaraderie is endearing. It also reminds of when NT used to sell me back free sodas at work. Sure it annoyed the heck out of me but I can't knock her hustle. That's what I want in my new 9-5 home, camaraderie and jokes.

After a truly upsetting wake up call, I was reminded life is short and you better take advantage of it.

Related to the above I'm still trudging along and attempting to find a new 9-5 "home." After three years of searching it almost becomes comical at this point. I mean really, how many applications can one fill out? I'll let you know when I finally find something.

My bacon love runs deep, so far three people have contacted me about the new Jack in the Box milkshake. I'm transparent, what can I say?

And finally puppygate! We will start the dog search this weekend. I'll need my main squeeze to reign in my desire to take home every puppy I see. I'll commend him in advance because in his words, "sometimes there is no stopping me."

No comments: