Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Don't be scared...

Recently I started to write a memoir. Sure I'm a bit young and what exactly have I accomplished in the past 28 years but it was either write a paper for school or start my memoir. It's amazing how easily I can knock out 10 pages in two hours when I care about the topic. Basically the blog inspired the back story so for the next few posts I'm covering part of how this blog came to be.

My friend sent me a text a few days ago regarding the blog. Her friend was considering online dating so her and 4 of her friends sat around and read a few posts. It was her warning and initiation into the world she was about to enter. However, after thinking a bit more about it I began to think, these crazy online dates are the norm for me. A trip to the grocery is rarely just a trip to the grocery store. So maybe its not a warning, its probably just me. Case in point.

I went to my cousin's wedding about five years ago. They have about 50 cousins, not joking, so my sister and I were placed at a table with part of his other cousins, you know the ones that your family cheats on you with. I always feel like but your my cousin, how can you be someone else's cousin, well you can. I can't even remember the guy's name but here I was sitting next to the enemy. I semi-ignored him in the beginning but he seemed nice so we chatted, heck, we're almost family.

Well......he didn't think so. He asked me to dance so I said sure, again reiterating, we may not share DNA but we share a family member and you can't really say no. Anyway, by the end of the night he's asking for my phone number and I didn't know how to turn down someone who is related to someone I'm related to. He was quite persistent too, called for probably a week or so. I mean how can that possibly work? Something about only three sides of a family at a wedding freaks me out.

Hello thank you for coming, which side are you on: Bride or Groom? Both.

So for all my five readers and the two I might have scared off, it's not the arena, it's moi. It shouldn't be as tragic.

2 comments:

Wishful Sinful said...

I love you! hahahaha

Anonymous said...

You are amazingly hilarious. I want a signed copy of your memoir when it's done.